Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Think twice-the never ending story... - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

...This movie made it onto my top 5 list of worst movies during the course of my life (35 years). The movie was truly awful. No let me rephrase that; it sucked. It sucked harder than my vacuum cleaner, or my dog when she is looking for food, or a fish without water sucking for its last breath. When I was in the movie theatre I wished I was that fish without water; my sister and I were at each others throats trying to bring the life back into one another. Now for the few positives: this movie makes you think. You can't ever tell whether the actors are crying or laughing. You never know whether or not they are scared or confused, or just constipated. You can really relate with the characters because while watching the movie I could not decide if I was scared or confused. There were many mixed emotions; I was juggling between depression, agony, and towards the end euphoria. There was an applaud once the movie ended and we knew there was someone else sharing our (my sister and I) joy that the movie had finally ended, and we could move one with our lives. Another thing that was positive during the movie was you didn't feel rushed to go anywhere; you could take your time--2 and 1/2 hrs of my life, which I can never reclaim. The movie definitely closed in on details--minor details, even pointless ones. Apparently the director and producers of this film had a vision that was SLOWLY developing--a vision which they missed completely. Right out of the ball park. Sad, but true. The moral of this is, THINK TWICE (unless you would like to experience what it feels like to be deprived of action and joy).

No comments: