Sunday, September 23, 2007

From a diehard lewis fan... - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

I've read the Narnia series every year for the last 25 years. While the movie deviates from the story line at certain points, the overall flow does an excellent job in keeping to Lewis' story. The director mixed in little details from that book that are probably transparent to many (i.e. a fly dies on a window sill), but that I really appreciated. The thematic movement of the book is really captured in the movies. This is a must see. I took my kids (9,7, and 5) and they all watched with rapt attention. The casting was superb. The only negative thing I could come up with was that I was slightly disappointed with the Aslan character, but only slightly. The CG lacked a little realism with the animals speaking, but how would you make it look real? :) If you are not familiar with the Narnia series, know that as you watch this movie, there are elements that are not in the book and many that are missing, but the story line is quite true to the book.

No comments: