Thursday, September 20, 2007

Made this 37 year old feel 12 again... - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

I couldn't wait for the midnight show opening day...and I wanted to watch it again as soon as it was over at 2:30 AM! No other written fiction captured my imagination as a boy as did the Chronicles of Narnia. I was nervous that I'd be let down. I wasn't! This movie has brought the books to life and has just lept to the head of my all time favorite list. I was fortunate to have a handful of movies that struck me as a young man with a nearly "life changing" force (my list included movies like Star Wars, Superman) those movies stuck with me for days or weeks...but since I entered my teen years no movie had since gripped me the same way until today. I'm not a big fan of "christian" movies that only preach at you, but I love any movie that is honest about human emotion -and this film is. If you ever dreamed of great achievement in your youth... If you ever wanted to be the hero... If you ever messed up bad and needed to feel forgiven... You'll love this film. I give it my first ever A+ rating accross the board. See this film and take the kids.

No comments: