Monday, September 24, 2007

Means do not always justify the end - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

The moral message behind this movie/story is obviously Christian, regardless of how Disney tries to protray it otherwise. However, just because the message is sound(which is debatable), any objectionable movie viewer cannot claim that this movie was well done. It is mediocore at best, and boredline terrible at worse. The means simply do not justify the ends. Its disturbing to read all of these A+ reviews simply because it had a Christian intonation or simply because of nostalgia for the book. Are you people CRAZY??? The Chronicles of Narnia - if I may add - was written by an author whom was against turning his book into a film, because he knew it would make a mockery of his book. Furthermore, I would even venture to say that when non christians watch this film they will associate a mediocore done film with a Christian message. If I am going to bring a Christian movie into the secular world or if I allow Disney to do so, it had better be at the the very best movie I can make. To do so otherwise is to make a mockery of my faith. For those people who blindly give this movie good reviews, well lets just say I already can see the backlash coming. Plz people, be rational!!! This movie left a bad taste in my mouth, and now I have finally figured out why. Just because something has a christian message, it does not that means justifies the end. e.g remember the crusades?

No comments: