Friday, September 21, 2007

The great lion,the evil witch,the magical wardrobe - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reviews

Wow. Simply wow. That is all I can say after having the luxury of screening this movie a day early. The visuals are gorgeous, the music is beautiful--everything is simply amazing. This movie takes us to the world of Narnia. I will say that as a movie, this is excellent. Those unfamiliar with the book will enjoy it. I did read it, and I will tell all of you who have read it as well--you will not be disappointed. Sure, some dialogue is left out; some scenes are cut and/or extended; and some things are not explained--but this is the MOVIE version of Narnia. If we want it exactly as the book, we might as well just read it again. This film stays true to the important and outstanding parts from the book, and I was simply awed. Tilda Swinton plays an excellent and very cold White Witch--she was indeed convincing. Her portrayal of Jadis is very well-done. The scenery, the magical creatures--just stupendous. People are calling this a miniature Lord of the Rings. Well of course--C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien were friends, so it would make sense. I have already said all I could say about this wonderful film. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful =)

No comments: